Some of our favorite equipment that we use everyday.
Here is a great travel tripod of mine the Vanguard VEO 265CB.
Dedicated to photographers who love to travel, VEO tripods offer a new breed of super lightweight, compact usability.
- Exclusive rapid column rotation for compact transportation and instant set up
- Strong stainless steel flip locks with adjustable tension technology
- High loading performance of 8kg (17.6lbs)
- Made of Vanguard’s lightweight, high quality carbon fiber
- Includes Multi-Action ball head with Arca-Swiss style compatible QS-60S quick release plate
- 5 section carbon fiber legs with 3 different angle options
- Extra low angle photography adaptor option included
- Soft rubber handle provides an unbeatable grip in any weather
My Go To Camera
Sony A7r II
This is my work horse. I love this camera!
- World’s first Full-frame back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS sensor-42.4MP, 5-axis in-body image stabilization optimized for 42.4MP full-frame, 4K movie recording with full pixel readout and no pixel binning
- 2.4-million dot XGA OLED Tru-Finder w/ ZEISS T* coating, Simple connectivity to smartphones via Wi-Fi and NFC w/ camera apps, Fast focal plane phase-detection AF realized with A-mount lenses
- Shutter vibration suppression, first curtain shutter, and silent shutter, Resolution meets sensitivity 42.4MP up to ISO 102,400 / 4K up to 25,600, Durable, reliable and ergonomically enhanced for professional use
- Fast Hybrid AF with 399 focal plane phase-detection AF points
Sony A7S II
This camera is the low light monster and shoots 4k. We use this mostly on our video work.
- Full-frame camera with 5-axis image stabilization
- Fast and effective, enhanced Fast Hybrid AF
- 12.2 megapixels 10 35mm full-frame Exmor CMOS sensor
- BIONZ X image processing engine
- High 50Mbps bit-rate XAVC S format recording of Full HD movies
“The a6300 an exceptionally strong all-round camera. Its still images are a match for the best in its class, its autofocus is similarly strong and its video features and quality are unsurpassed at this price point. That video capability and features such as Eye-AF have meant we enjoyed the a6300 in spite of the slightly clumsy user interface. If the lenses you want are available, or unless you really need a specific feature of one of its rivals, it should be at or very near the top of your list. “
- World’s fastest Auto Focus speed (0.05 sec.)
- 24.2 MP APS-C Exmor CMOS sensor w/ accelerated readout
- Up to 11fps continuous shooting w/Auto Focus and Exposure
- Internal UHD 4K30 & 1080p120 Recording
- Weather-Sealed Magnesium Alloy Body
Sony 16-35mm Lens
This is one beautiful lens for wide angle work.
- Ideal for landscapes and the a7 series of full frame cameras, ZEISS T (T star) coating to reduce flare and ghosting
- Three ED glass elements to suppress chromatic distortion, constant F4 maximum aperture throughout the zoom range
- Built-in Optical Steady Shot image stabilization, dust and moisture resistant design
Sony FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS
This is my personal favorite lens. Love the looks I get with this lens.
- Minimum aperture (F): F22
- 7 aperture blades
- Focal Length: 70mm – 200mm
- Maximum aperture (F): f/4
The Zeiss 85mm Batis Lens
This lens is a beauty and fast. Welcome to bokeh!
- Zeiss 85mm f/1.8 Batis Lens – Sony FE Mount
- High Quality
- Fast Lens
Vanguard Alta Pro 283CT Carbon Fiber Tripod
We have a couple of these. For studio and location this is must have tripod. Light weight, very sturdy and can shoot from the ground up.
- 28mm 3 section carbon fiber legs adjust to 25, 50, and 80-degree angles to enable extreme low angle photography
- Hexagon-shaped central column moves from 0 to 180 degrees
- The Instant Swivel Stop-n-Lock (ISSL) System securely repositions the central column in one simple movement
- Premium magnesium die-cast canopy with bubble level and anti-shock ring
- Quarter twist leg locks and rubber feet with retractable spikes
- Outstanding stability and loading capacity
- All weather foam hand grips
- Folded height: 25.25″, Extended height: 66.875″, Weight: 3.75 pounds
Atomos Shogun Monitor Recorder
One of the best Monitors and Recorders out there. Just beautiful to see your work in.
- 1920 x1200 IPS Touchscreen Display
- Records 4K (3840×2160) up to 30 fps – Records 1080p up to 120 fps
- ProRes, DNxHD, DNxHR and Encoding – UHD 4K-Capable HDMI Input
- 12G-SDI Input and Loop-Output – Stores to Single or RAID HDDs or SDDs
- Rec. 709 Calibrated with 3D LUT Support -Video Playback and 4K Down-Conversion
Sony HVLF60M Flash
This is a monster for a onboard flash.
- Flash with built-in LED light for creative applications
- Guide number of 60 (105mm lens at ISO 100)
- 1200 lux /19 in. (0.5m) for the LED light
- Flash effective range of 90 feet (28m 105mm lens @ ISO100)
- LED light effective range 6 feet (2m)
Profoto Umbrella Deep Silver XL
Our favorite brand of umbrella’s. This comes in white or silver and in three sizes. Built so well we use it outside also!
- Highly Reflective Silver Interior
- Deep Shape Provides More Precise Control
- 16 Fiberglass Rods for Rounder Shape
- Heat-Resistant Materials
- Multiple accessory pockets
- Water-resistant material on the bottom
- Bonus cell phone holder & accessory pouch
- Rain cover
You can windsurf with these they are so strong. We use the gold a lot for people. It’s not to strong in color. The diffuser called the fly swatter is a great diffuser and if used right it will float if there is wind.
The reflectors we use are 4×6 and 6×8
- It is the only truly rigid frame system because it is 3-Dimensional.
- It is extremely light despite its size.
- The screen remains taut because it can be tensioned like the skin of a drum.
- Only the very best quality fabrics are used.
- No velcro fasteners are ever used.
The fly swatter pictured in the center.
- Complete Starter Kit contains everything you need to start swatting the sun
- Provides handheld or fixed overhead diffusion
- 4 x 6 foot 2/3 stop diffusion screen (replacable with other fabrics)
- Extremely lightweight and easy to handle, but tough as nails
- Simply fast assembly with compact carrying case
Matthews 40″ Century C Stand
Matthews are our Favorite C Stand. They will last a life time and can do so many things.
- This Item Includes: Matthews 40″ Century C Stand with 10.5′ Spring Loaded Base – 40″ Hollywood Gobo Arm – Hollywood Head – 1 Year Warranty
- Height: Minimum: 4.4′ / 1.34mMaximum: 10.5′ / 3.20m
- Closed Length: 4.4′ / 1.34m
- Footprint Diameter: 27.5″ / 69.85cm
- Maximum Load: 22lbs / 9.98kg
This is a great Deal on these batteries. The only ones we use.
$26 on Amazon Prime.
- Recharge eneloop cells up to 2100 times
- Maintain up to 70% of their charge after 5 years (when not it use)
- Up to 2000mAh, 1900mAh min, Ni-MH pre-charged rechargeable battery
- 4 position charger with advanced, individual battery charging; charges both AA and AAA cells
- Battery detection technology – automatically shuts off when charging is complete